This post is a sequel to a recent post on the digestion of fats. Click here : Digestion of fats.
Fat is broken down to absorbable forms by the pancreatic LIPASES. These absorbable forms are Monoglycerides and fatty acids.
10. These Monoglycerides and fatty acids diffuse into the epithelial cells of the small intestine.
11. Within the epithelial cells of the small intestine, there are packaged along with cholesterol and other proteins to form what is called CHYLOMICRONS.
12. CHYLOMICRONS leave the epithelial cell through EXOCYTOSIS
13. These chylomicrons enter into the lacteals ( lymph capillaries) and are carried away.
14. They are carried away to join the thoracic duct and eventually get into the blood stream.
Source : Digestion and absorption of fats.
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ON DIGESTIVE SYSTEM/NUTRITION A & P? ASK YOUR QUESTION IN THE COMMENT SECTION BELOW AND WE WOULD GET BACK TO YOU ASAP!!